The bush craft handles have multiple layers of gloss hardened and sealed finish that gives the fire starter a beautiful finish that will last years in the outdoors and elements while you enjoy your adventures. The Ferrocerium “ferro rod” is a man-made metallic material that produces hot sparks at temperatures of about 3,000 °C (5,430 °F) when scraped against a rough surface (pyrophoricity), such as ridged steel. Our “flint-and-steel” rods are 5/16 diameter 2 ½” long. Which will last an extremely long time.
- Striking Rod: Rated for 10 million sparks
- Finish: Multi-layer High Gloss
- Materials and Handcrafted in USA!
- Wood: Solid poplar with walnut finish
- Wood: Solid oak with clear finish